Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

And this week....

Well, this week has had all kind of things in store for me. All kind of things. Quick trip to Montevideo where I found the best bookstore ever that combines two of my passions: books and wine. In one place!! The place itself its an old recycled building, gorgeous, couches, grand piano, books, books and books and either champagne or wine to go with it. Epic WIN.
I also had moments of doubt but those went away quickly. Doubt its like this passing cloud that if you don't let it go away will turn into a storm, so away it went.
I had surprises galore, good and bad. Love fluttering in my life like humming birds. Big reminders that I am loved, crazy and loved regardless.
I saw first hand police brutality 2 feet away from me. I was on the main street of Salto when 3 young man got arrested. I have no idea what they did. They were hand-cuffed, laying on their stomachs with cops boots on their backs. When a police truck came to pick them up, the cops grabbed then by arms and legs, one cop on each side. Then they (on purpose) threw them on the trucks bed, HEAD first. There was another cop on the back of the truck waiting for them. He kept on kicking them on the ribs. After they had loaded all three of them, the two cops that had "thrown" them on the trucks bed, approached them and punched them on the face. WTF.
Then I saw a parade for the "Immigrant's day", people from different heritages, dressed in traditional costumes from their countries, awesome.
I also found out Jason Mraz added a new show in Buenos Aires this coming tuesday, so here I go.
I was reminded many times that love goes a long way. Love is a powerful force, it speaks for itself, it helps, it heals. I am thankful for the love in my life. It cannot be explained. It just is.
Invite love in your life. Let it guide you.

1 comment:

  1. Police Brutality is very scary and very real. My quasi ex idk what he is actually had an incident happen to him in CT. He did sue the police department and won the case but he refuses to go anywhere near that area...sadly it's where he went to college and dropped out. It's a great area to me but evidently it is a racist area which me being me never knew or noticed...it's sad the things that open our eyes yet once they are opened they can not be blinded by reality again.

    ReplyDelete