Search This Blog

Friday, July 17, 2009

The writer holed up in a cabin creating a masterpiece....

...it is not me.  Somehow in my cracked up head I always had the idea that for a writer (or one to be in my case) being away from civilization, in a cabin by the fire working away it's the ideal setting.  Well, reality it's a bit different.  The writer in my head is writing on a fat blank book with a quill or writing on a parchment with clothes too big for him and a dim light of an old lamp & the fireplace.  In reality I am writing on a laptop, sweats on by the fire and the comfort of modern day technology.  So, if I must live up to my "ideal writer" even the way I live and dressed, well, then forget it.  I will write something sub par and live with it while still enjoying living in the 21st century.
I'm going back an forth on this story that it's mostly written but then you always find something to improve it and in the process you screw up the rest or realize that just because you improved this one section, then the rest look like sh*t.  So, it's never ending at the moment.
It's hard to get all this facts, all this reality and make it into something that it's true to reality yet has a fictional quality to it.  And now, I am just rambling away.
The sun is tepidly showing it's face, I am by the fire, hear birds chirping (more like cackling away, kinda annoying) sipping some hot tea and obviously needing a distraction from the work at hand.
However, there's some things that must be done, sometimes what you can do for others involves you doing all you can to be aware, work hard and give this work of yours as a humble offering hoping to change the situation of others.
I realize that there's a lot of injustice in this world and I am not a cynic neither I am defeated by the size of the task at hand.  I believe that when faced with a monumental task/issue we MUST not be crushed by it, because if we are, then we cannot stand up for those that need us.  It is a tenant of my life that "you cannot give what you don't have."  Having said that, while I try to help others I realized it's a MUST that I have what I intend to share: love, patience, kindness, happiness, positive attitude, etc.  
So, no, I am not a part time believer in dong good.  It's just that I don't believe that being aware of things that are wrong and wanting to change them demands of me to be gloomy, overpowered by sadness because of all that it's wrong.  That would only lead to make me feel incapable, impotent in front of the circumstances.
Whatever it is that we need to change in our life or help to change in our world, WE CAN. So, let's get going with it and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment