Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's in my head?

Many times i have been asked what's in my head, well, just had a realization: it's probably not in my head anymore but on a tweet, text, facebook wall and now a blog.  So What used to be completely on my head it's now spread on line in different places.  Kinda makes me think of the internet as a continuation of me which it's creepy and exciting at the same time.
Many people told me they wanted to hear about my misadventures while traveling in South America.  Writing a journal but I can't share that with all unless you all get in a plane, come to see me and decide to spend time reading my boring entries instead of taking in the sights, hence the blog.
I cannot say I will try to be funny as that never really works, apparently I am funny when I don't know it or even try.  Kinda like "the joke's on me" and I am not aware of it.
I have been in South America for 11 days now and it has been good all along.
Landed in Mexico City, raided every restaurant near the airport and loved each one of them as well as discovering the local beer "Indio".  The people of Mexico is nothing but kind, funny, friendly, etc, etc.  I am sure there are some shady ones but don't we all have the shady cousin?
Then I stopped in my old stumping grounds: Sao Paulo.  Brasil WINS!!! People there are just always so happy and pleasant, regardless of what their situation in life, from the homeless guy to the guy in the Mercedes Guardian, all so happy.  One day I will become an anthropologist and do a research on that.  What? I have time and can still become an anthropology researcher.
Finally made it to Buenos Aires (thanks to Brazilian airline TAM, best in the world, try it and then tell me).  Don't know how the pilot landed because there was a a heavy fog that wouldn't let you see two feet in front of you.  So when I was ready to be part of the real life LOST (I would be the Sawyer of the survivors, come on, let me have it, I let my hair grow for that purpose) we were on solid ground.
Buenos Aires has a particular smell to it, of city, of people, of the nearby ocean, it's a living, breathing beautiful place, decorated with amazing architecture, little bars, tango seeping from the seams, just a magical place.
Talking about magical places, I should get up and shower, cause at this point my smell has nothing magical to it.

1 comment: