Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

say cheese

I am sure the "novelty" of writing on a blog will wear of and then I will blog once a month.  I could think I could use this as my journal, but....let's get real: if I were to write in public what I write on my journal, well, I would loose my friends, be called crazy and probably be locked in prison.  So I can only put the edited version of my life here.
I went to a farm nearby today and then came "home" to eat a veggie quiche made of fresh cheese and veggies plucked from the garden.  Well, after that I feel cheated when I look back and think about how the "fresh produce" aisle wasn't really that fresh and the "fresh cheese" was not fresh either.  Not to mention that the quiche from my favourite deli was microwaved and can't compare to the one I just had.
Anyway, the trade off works for me so far.  No Starbucks in every corner but I gladly take the picturesque little cafes with the best espresso ever.  I have yet to figure out how you order just a simple coffee.  Every time you order a "coffee" here you get an espresso.  When I explained I wanted simply a "large cup of coffee" well, guess what? I got the large cup of espresso.  Needless to say that was the day that I walked all over (and I mean ALL OVER) Buenos Aires.
So, let me raise my glass to the cheese and the coffee in this land of abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment