Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

a minor bump in the road

We all have those moments in life.  Everything is going phenomenal, we are happy, the sun is shinning, love is all around and all of a sudden seems like a big black cloud covers the sky, love is gone and we stumble on a bump on the road and fall.  Well, screw the bump, I was feeling like it was pouring rain, there was no love and I ran head first into a boulder blocking the whole road and fell on my ass in a puddle of mud.
So much for get up and dust yourself of and keep going.  I felt like I had to crawl, de-mud myself, shower and then keep going.  The whole process took 24 hrs, an industrial shower and a fork-lift to remove the boulder from the road.  
Here I am.  Bruised.  Clean. Wide open road ahead of me.
I realize that I tend to make a boulder out of a pebble, a storm out of a drizzle (from a sprinkler mind you) and an epic fall out of a stumble.
Being aware of that, I am working hard to change it, to see that even if there is a boulder on the road, well, what a chance to go rock/boulder climbing!! If there's a storm, how beautiful are the thunders and what better than to sleep to the sound of rain.
I am looking at the world with new eyes (no I didn't get glasses, thank you very much) and will continue to do so each day.
Please join me.

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you know you have this tendency then! It will be hard to look at things different completely but over time you will and then before you know it the full 360 has occurred! Just think even if it is the uber huge thing what is the worse that happens? In reality as you said you learn to rock climb ect-meaning you can go around-through it and with help it can even be fun!

    ReplyDelete