Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Early dinner eh?

I have been in South America for about three weeks, you would think I have shit figured it out, but alas, leave it up to me to be slow on the uptake.
I went for a 3 hour walk today (it takes that much to make a dent on the ridiculous amounts of food I am eating) and then got "home" around 5:30ish.
Right away I got a call from a local friend to go for dinner.  It went like this:
Carolina: "what are you doing tonight?"
Me: (after a pause in which I realized I of course have nothing to do) "nothing."
Carolina:" Shall we go out for dinner?"
Me:"Sure"
Carolina:"Let's go out for an early dinner so we can call it an early night."
Me: thinking "that's about right, walked like I was looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (minus the rainbow) so I can go for an early night for sure."
Carolina:"So you in for an early night with my friend?"
Me:"Absolutely."
Carolina:"Perfect, we will pick you up between 10 and 11pm."
Me: thinking"early night my ass, wtf."

2 comments:

  1. you've become so americanized... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I've nver heard of that being "early"-wow. Ah well did you at least enjoy your late night/

    ReplyDelete