Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A piece of Humble pie with a side of my own words.


Here I am. Sitting in a comfy sofa, NCIS on the backgroud and a whole lot of things on my mind.  This is gonna take a while before I post it, so I doubt anyone will read it until I do so, which suits me fine.  My ideas are half the way there and need to be fully formed. 
My last post was about a change of paradigm, looking, thinking outside the box.  Well, apparently I was thinking of all that while still inside my comfortable box. 
However, since I wrote that blog, it principle seeped through me and in a way stopped me long enough to contemplate where I am.  I have been doing the same things, for a while, always thinking I was doing them differently.  The mind is a powerful force, whatever we envision, create, believe with it, it becomes our reality.
So here I was envision, thinking, believing I was doing things in a creative, different way each time.  But am I really?  That's a tough question to answer.
To separate the reality I created in my mind fr myself to the reality I am living is...well, I don't even know what's that like.  What I do know is that I feel a certain uneasiness.  I do know that I might not be in the place I could be.
What is that place? I am not sure.  I seem to go through this episodes cyclically.  I move in a certain direction, I feel great about it and then I reach a plateau and feel I need to stop, disconnect, reboot and start again.
So, it has become a feeling I can recognize.  And I am thankful for it.
When feeling like this, I usually think about all the main feelings and ideas in my life in the past little while, really look at them and see how is my life and ACTIONS aligned or not to the things that I intellectually know should be happening.  Then I sit down and eat a piece of humble pie and my own tasty words.
In this day that we are all so connected, so flooded with information but so starved for knowledge I realize that the main source of knowledge is not on line, not in a book, not in a tweet, a FB message or a tumblr post.  It is inside of me.  It is in the quiet message whispered to me, in the birds I can watch, in the tree firmly rooted on the ground.  So I disconnect, from all the social networks, the websites I frequent, the things I usually do.  I take long walks with myself, I clear my brain and my heart.
You might think its hypocritical of me to be talking about being disconnected when I am blogging about it.  However, this is like my journal and one I intend to share with all of you.  Like I said at the beginning, I will not be announcing this post until I am ready to "re-connect" to the alternate reality.  As of now, I am rebooting, recycling, and "installing" new programs for my soul.
Think about it for a second, take a few days of the everyday connections you have on line.  Connect with yourself, keep yourself company, reboot.
P,

1 comment:

  1. Take Care P and enjoy your break ;0) everything happens for a reason and that is usually within you as well ;0) much love

    ReplyDelete