Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

New applications for the SOUL! and they are FREE!!

I have taken so far almost a 5 day break from the on-line communities I frequent to re-boot my life, install new applications on my soul and know what I want to be and how I want to be.  So I have been thinking, walking, and really reflecting on what is that is no longer working on and that needs an update.
I distinctly realize two things need to be improved right now: my intention and my generosity, two things that are so closely related.  A lot of times we can all be generous, giving people.  I know I can be.  To give of my time and/or material things is something I was taught at a young age, something that it has become part of who I am.  Now, every action of ours is happening, every thought, is happening because we intend to.  Our intention, hence drives our actions.  Even the automatic ones, i.e. I intend to write right now and my brain sends the signal for my fingers to type.
The previous example is clear and understandable.  What I think it's not so clear is what I discover over the past 5 days, it wasn't even clear to me.  We are also capable of "masking" our intention with an action.  In this case, the action is not a result of our intention, but a means to achieve what we really intend.  I know, I know, it sounds confusing.  Example, I intend to go out with you, however my action shows me un-interested, aloof just so my intention is not revealed until I think you are ready to say yes.
This got me thinking that I can give, be generous all I want but unless my intention is to give and be generous it really doesn't do much for me or the person at the receiving end.  If I am giving but my intention is solely "to look like a generous man", to "gain something" from you, even if it's just your sympathy, then I am not truly giving.  I am using generosity to achieve something else, I am in reality, trading.
So I have decided I am now working on this two principles in my life: intention and generosity.  My interactions with everyone are to be honest, my intent to be reflected in my actions.  From now on, I give, for the sake of giving, because I feel is the right thing to do, because in and on itself is the journey and the destination.  I will no longer be generous to achieve other things, I will no longer "trade", I am generous.
I invite you (because it IS my intention to be surrounded by people that understand, love and care about me the same way I care about them) to take a minute to see what your intention really is behind your actions.  Let's align our intentions with our actions.  Let's be the kind of people that truly intend to do what we do and that truly mean no when we decide to not do something.  Let's be generous, let's give without expecting anything in return.  Let's be reminded that giving when expecting something is really just trading.
Two new applications for the soul: Intent & Generosity.  Both free for you to install.  Go ahead.  You might have to reboot after installing.
p.

1 comment:

  1. Very true and good points. I was also taught at a very young age to help people in any capacity I am capable of, to learn from those around me because everyone can teach us something, and to be honest and true in all that I do. I thank you for everything you have done and taught myself and others. Keep being true to yourself and all else will fall into place- lots of love and positive vibes

    ReplyDelete