Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Present is a gift.

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. Do not mistake activity for achievement. -Mabel Newcomber

Today I got up really, really early. I went for a morning run, the sun was slowly climbing up the sky, lazily but with purpose. I love my morning walks/runs. I put some music on, let it be my soundtrack and let my thoughts take over and stretch their arms.
More often than not I llook ahead on the road, like to play this game of seeing things getting bigger as I get closer to them and imagine I am shrinking. I usually like to be completely present at the moment, feel each pebble on the road, see each plant, flower or bird. Feel that there's no where else I rather be, not the future, not the past but right then and there.
Things of beauty are seen and experienced when we do "stop to smell the roses."
I felt so full of energy while walking, surrounded by beauty and we were one, together. I was breathing with my surroundings, and we were breathing the same air. I was sweating, drops falling back to the ground, ground that gave me the water I drink.
I realize that nothing exists in isolation. Everything I am is connected to everything and everyone else. I believe that when I radiate joy, it does affect my surroundings. When I interact with everyone and everything with love and kindness, I am treated the same way. Sometimes I think I am crazy I am very fortunate to be aware of this. Before I was struggling, between darkness and light, joy or a crippling depression. I had and have to put a lot of effort towards my happiness, and its well worth.
Kindness, when practiced as a way of living and not an act, can change your interactions, your perceptions, your life all around, and also, it does change the ones you touch with it.
On my walk I saw this beautiful flowers, sky that looked like out of a painting or postcard. Fat clouds lingering slowly. I am glad I do take the time to be present, to see it, to feel it and I want to share it.
Whatever our roads in life, let's be present to the journey, lets be aware of the flowers, the clouds, the sky, the beauty all around.
I feel only then, the journey will be its own destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment