Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 is here, am I?


I haven´t blogged since last year.  I just didn´t have anything to say. The last 3 months of last year were the culmination of a year of rebirth, reflexion, being humbled and learning, learning, learning.
I have let myself open to being taught (even if sometimes its rough teaching) by life what I need to know.  So far, it works greatly.  Many times I founf myself under different situations that were not what I wanted, or the best of situations. I learned to look at those situations as learning opportunities. I changed "shit happens" to "lessons happen"  That changed my way of facing situations, instead of cursing up and down and asking Zeus (or the deity of the day) "what the ....?" I started thinking "what am I missing?" That made a whole lot of difference. I started recognizing a pattern where things happen because I need to experience them for my own personal growth. And yes, I am learning from it.
Just in case that concept wasn´t clear with me, the "get it now" moment happened on December 31st, 2010.  I had been thinking I need to be more in the HERE, wherever that is completely as opposed as being here but twitting, texting with friends and sometimes wondering or day dreaming of being somewhere else.

As December 31st came closer to an end I was on a fever of texts, tweets and not being present to the moment. So, since I already had a clue but was not acting upon it, life took it upon itself to show me how´s done. A few hours before midnight my phone just simply kicked the bucked. At first I was a bit upset. Then I chilled, looked at the situation and smiled. I was now going to BE present. And I did, I had a wonderful evening, I saw the stars, the fireworks, danced until 7ish in the morning. No tweets, no texts.
I realized that al my numbers and some texts I had saved were gone. But I also realized that my friends and family are always near. The text messages I had saved were gone, but the love and encouraging words are there, shall I choose to talk to them and be present to out time together.
Im glad the phone is gone, giving way to a new appreciation for NOW.
Are you HERE, NOW?
P.

No comments:

Post a Comment