Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dinner & a Movie

So this is a new thing I will be adding to my blog.  Once a week, either Sunday or Monday I will recommend a movie and a recipe to go with it.
I have this passion for film and specially for those little gems that sometimes don't make it to main stream and should not be missed in my opinion.
This week I would like to recommend a Swedish film.  It is intense, deals with those teenage years and all that happens when we try to belong, sometimes going to extreme measures to do so.  It will make you laugh and at time it will make you cringe in pain for the main character.  I think it's a great exercise on how we can loose friends and gain friends, both for wrong reasons.
This 2004 film is "The Ketchup Effect" Rent it, check it, tell me what you think of it.

Now what to have for dinner with it?  I'd say something easy and light.
How about a spinach salad with Balsamic reduction and blue cheese.
So grab some spinach, wash them and out them in a bowl.  Then if you don't have balsamic reduction just put some balsamic vinegar in a small pot and get it to boil.  Then reduce heat and let it simmer.  Keep an eye out as it will thicken fast.  Once is thicker (not like honey but almost) take of the stove and let it cool.
In the bowl with the spinach add some raisins and nuts.  Mix together.  Serve on a plate, drizzle with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. You are done!
I recommend a good Sauvignon Blanc to go with it, specially from New Zealand.  Try the Dog Point.
There you have it, dinner and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment