Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 IS HERE!!!

2010, a whole new year, it is new, its different and it will be what we make out of it.  Yesterday, as the end of 2009 came close I didn't think about what I've done or didn't do.  Instead I concentrated on being PRESENT to the moment.  As opposed as many new years in the past I had decided to do something new.  I avoided the party route in the traditional sense and decided to celebrate being.  I chose to be away from the city, in the country side.  Being summer here, the sun didn't set until 9ish pm.  I sat on the grass, surrounded by trees.  It was the perfect evening, the sun finally left the stage for a beautiful blue moon, another gift of 2009, a second full moon in a month, 13 in a year.  As I was sitting looking up at the sky and the moon I felt fulfilled.  Earth, or Pacha Mama as it is known by our ancestors, breathing with me, in the trees, the grass, the breeze.  I looked up the sky, being bathed by the clear white light of the moon.  At that very moment a shooting star winked at me.
I thought about what to wish for.  For the first time I realized that my life is pretty good right now.  I reaized that what I want to wish for does not include wealth, material possesions or anything like that.
That got me thinking that 2009 had done a good number on me.  It has brought lessons in my life that are priceless, lessons that came through people, experiences, insights and everything in between.
I am extremely grateful.  Gratitude became a force within me in 2009.  To be grateful is to be aware and present to everything that is given to us, each day.  From the daily meals to the daily lessons.  By being grateful I also became more aware of where I stand when it comes to what I put in my body, mind and soul.  I became more aware of Pacha Mama,the home we have and we call earth.  I became aware that I need to take care of this planet and that it does make a difference.  I learned to be grateful for the bounty of food coming from the earth, fresh, tasty and nutricious.
By being grateful I stand on a place where nothing is taken for granted.  My friends, family and even interactions with strangers become a gift and a message, meant just for me and gratitude has taught me that.
2009 has taught me that I do have a voice and that it can be heard.  When tackling issues that are important to me, I have two options: a) to think:"I cannot possibly make a difference" b) I WILL make a difference.  And guess what? even if the world at large seems unaffected by me trying to make a difference, I am changed by the efforts, so yes, it is worht it to stand up for what you believe.
As I waited for 2010 I was overwhelmed by the good wishes and love from so many people.  I decided to accept it all and to know that love has come and found me and to be present to that feeling and absorve it all.
It also got me thinking that if we would not only wish the best to others for one night, if we were to hold on to that thought, we would change lives.  The power of our thoughts (positive or negative) is not fully understood by us.  Regardless, IT IS.  So, let's keep sending positive thoughts to those we love, to those we hate, to those we don't know, all through 2010 and beyond.
Another lesson from 2009, give, give and give.  And when you think you have nothing left, then give that.  
Let's be grateful, present, inspired and loving.
I, for one, love you. A lot.
Pablo

No comments:

Post a Comment